Testosterone cypionate is a prescription drug belonging to the androgen and anabolic steroid class to promote bulking, mass gains, and strength gains in bodybuilders, according to HealthLine.
Testosterone Cypionate directly affects muscle mass, body strength, and fat loss in bodybuilders’ bodies.
The article discusses what Testosterone Cypionate is, its benefits and side effects, and the Testosterone Cypionate cycle and doses. It contains every minute detail about testosterone cypionate and its role in bodybuilding.
What Is Testosterone Cypionate?
Testosterone Cypionate is an androgen and anabolic steroid used to cure low testosterone levels in males, according to Wikipedia.
Androst-4-en-3-one,17-(3-cyclopentyl-1-oxopropoxy)-, (17ß)- is the chemical name for testosterone cypionate, whereas C27H40O3 is its chemical formula.
Depo-Testosterone is the brand name of Testosterone cypionate. It is a controlled substance and is also available as a generic drug at a lower cost than brand-based medicine.
The muscle is the point where Testosterone cypionate is applied in the form of a syringe as it is a self-injectable drug, and the person can do the medication themselves rather than go to the doctor.
Main medical effects
The six main medical effects of Testosterone cypionate include the following, according to WebMD.
- Excessive use of this drug can lead to the development of male features in females.
- Usage of it causes a risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, heart failure, and stroke.
- Increase in the prostate gland and malfunctioning of the liver.
- Increase in red blood cell count.
- Control the growth of hair.
- Mood swings and depression.
Effects on bodybuilders
Consumption of testosterone cypionate by bodybuilders can cause the following effects, according to HealthLine.
- Increase in the strength of the body muscles
- Increase in body strength
- In case of any injury, recovery time is reduced.
- Reduced body fat
- Increase in testosterone level in the body, thus causing an increase in energy level and stamina.
How do Testosterone Cypionate shots work?
Testosterone Cypionate shots work by providing synthetic testosterone in place of testosterone. Testosterone is produced naturally in the body, while testosterone Cypionate is not produced within the body and is artificially created. So, injecting Testosterone Cypionate leads to the growth, development, and functioning of the male reproductive organs.
Testosterone cypionate was once the top choice for Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) in Canada, but newer esters like testosterone enanthate and testosterone undecanoate are gaining ground due to convenience and specific medical needs. Individual factors now play a bigger role in choosing the best ester for each patient when it comes to testosterone therapy.
Testosterone cypionate works to treat sex organ failures in males by replacing the testosterone of the body with Testosterone Cypionate shots. The level of testosterone reduces due to ageing and other factors such as depression and weakness. This issue is mainly faced by old people who have a low count of testosterone levels, which is cured by Testosterone Cypionate shots.
In addition, Trans men use testosterone cypionate for hormone replacement therapy under medical guidance, with individual needs determining the best hormone type and dosage.
Testosterone Cypionate benefits for bodybuilding
The six benefits of Testosterone Cypionate for bodybuilding include the following.
- Healthy heart and blood
- Less fat, more muscle
- Stronger bones
- Better libido
Healthy heart and blood
Testosterone Cypionate helps produce red blood cells, which helps a healthy heart pump blood to the rest of the body, providing muscles and organs with the required amount of oxygen. Lack of testosterone increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, heart failure, and stroke.
Less fat, more muscle
Testosterone Cypionate helps in increasing the strength of body muscle. A perfect body shape helps in maintaining weight and using energy in the right place. Consuming the right amount of this particular drug can decrease fat mass and increase muscle size and strength.
Testosterone Cypionate helps in making bones stronger. Bones start becoming weak as humans age and reduction in testosterone levels. This makes the bones weak and eventually leads to osteoporosis. Testosterone Cypionate makes bones stronger, which helps support the body’s muscles. Thus improving the body’s performance and agility.
Reduced Injury Risk In Training And Competitions
The body can resist injury when testosterone levels are high in the body, according to various research. The reduced injury risk can be due to the increase in muscle mass and strength and decrease in body fat.
Better sexual desires
Testosterone is related to the reproductive system. Its level naturally rises in a situation of sexual situations and activity. Men are blessed with higher levels of testosterone, and if used in the right direction, they usually have greater sexual activity.
But it’s important that low testosterone levels cause the reproductive system to not perform so efficiently. Low T production in men can lead to low sex drive, impotence or erectile dysfunction, shrinkage or testes. Testosterone Cypionate helps in this case by increasing testosterone levels.
An unhealthy lifestyle and access tension also lead to low testosterone levels in the body. Depression, fatigue, and irritability are the symptoms of low testosterone levels in case of tension or stress. The benefit of Testosterone Cypionate is that it controls mood swings and makes our minds calm.
Results of Testosterone Cypionate cycle
The result of the Testosterone Cypionate cycle is to re-establish natural testosterone levels in the body and reduce the chances of side effects. After the cycle ends, the body takes time to come back to the normal routine of producing testosterone. The Testosterone Cypionate cycle helps to reduce the risks occurring during the recovery period.
According to an article by Academia Central Fitness, the cycle commences 2-3 weeks after the last testosterone cypionate injection and lasts for 8 weeks. Failure to correctly implement the cycle can result in a long recovery period, reduced muscle strength, and a higher risk of side effects such as Gynecomastia (enlargement of male breast tissue), acne, and mood swings.
The end result of the Testosterone Cypionate cycle is to maintain the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), which are hormones responsible for maintaining the production of testosterone.
Testosterone Cypionate cycle and dosage
The Testosterone Cypionate cycle and dosage for beginner and advanced cycles are given below.
- Beginner Cycle: Beginner cycle of Testosterone Cypionate lasts for around 9-12 weeks. The dosage amount for the beginner cycle is 300-500 mg per week, and it is suggested to be taken once a week.
- Advanced Cycle: The advanced cycle of Testosterone Cypionate lasts for around 12-16 weeks and may get extended up to 22 weeks for experienced users. The dosage amount for the advanced beginner cycle is 600-900 mg per week, and it is suggested to be taken 2-3 times per week.
How to stack Test C with other Anabolic steroids?
To stack Test C with other Anabolic Steroids consider these three common combinations of Testosterone cypionate stacked with other anabolic steroids.
- Testosterone cypionate and Deca Durabolin: The combination is famous for enhancing the mass and strength of the body muscles. According to an article by Academia Central Fitness, the dose amount of testosterone cypionate ranges from 300-900 mg per week, while Deca Durabolin dosage ranges from 100-400 mg per week.
- Testosterone cypionate and Trenbolone: The combination is famous for enhancing the entire body’s performance both physically and mentally. According to an article by Academia Central Fitness, the dose of testosterone cypionate falls between 300 and 900 mg per week, while Trenbolone dosage ranges from 100 to 300 mg per week.
- Testosterone cypionate and Anavar: The combination is famous for enhancing the mass of the body muscles and overall physical appearance. The dose of testosterone cypionate falls between 200 and 600 mg per week, while Anavar’s dosage ranges from 40 to 80 mg per day.
Stacking testosterone cypionate with anabolic steroids increases the chance of side effects, so it is crucial to have a conversation with a specialized doctor and implement cycle combinations with care. Besides, It’s also necessary to participate in post-cycle therapy (PCT) to help recover the normal production rate of natural testosterone and minimize the risk of side effects.
Side effects of Testosterone Cypionate
The adverse effects of Testosterone cypionate include estrogenic side effects such as gynecomastia, water retention and bloating, mood swings and irritability and androgenic side effects such as acne, hair loss, body hair growth, voice deepening, and clitoral development.
Estrogenic side effects:
Testosterone cypionate causes estrogenic side effects because it converts testosterone into estrogen in the body. This causes an imbalance between testosterone and estrogen levels, thus leading to a rise in side effects. Following are the three estrogenic side effects of the testosterone cypionate:
- Gynecomastia: Gynecomastia is a common side effect of high estrogen levels, which causes enlargement of breast tissue in men. This makes us uncomfortable and requires a surgical operation to cure it.
- Water retention and bloating: High estrogen levels lead to bloating and a puffy appearance of the body due to the retention of water and sodium.
- Mood swings and irritability: Estrogen leads to mood swings, emotional regulation, and other psychological symptoms.
It’s crucial to monitor estrogen levels to cure these side effects. This can be done by maintaining the correct dosage or adding an aromatase inhibitor (AI) when required. It can help to prevent testosterone from converting into estrogen, thus minimizing the chances of estrogenic side effects to occur.
Androgenic side effects:
Testosterone cypionate also leads to androgenic side effects. Androgenic side effects cause changes in the masculinizing features of testosterone. These side effects are based on an individual’s sensitivity and dosage. Following are the five estrogenic side effects of the testosterone cypionate.
- Acne: One of the most common side effects at the time of puberty is when testosterone produces oil in the skin, leading to acne and other skin problems.
- Hair loss: Testosterone also leads to baldness, especially in men who are genetically exposed to this problem.
- Body hair growth: Testosterone maintains the growth of body hair, including chest hair, back hair, and facial hair.
- Voice deepening: Testosterone makes the vocal cords thick, thus causing changes in the voice.
- Clitoral enlargement: Testosterone leads to clitoral enlargement and other masculinizing side effects in women.
To reduce the chances of androgenic side effects, it’s crucial to monitor the dose amount and to be aware of the individual’s present condition regarding testosterone.
Test C vs Test E vs Test P: Side-by-side Comparison
|A testosterone ester steroid with the shortest half-life, used for cutting cycles and muscle gains.
|An injectable synthetic steroid hormone for treating low testosterone levels in men.
|A synthetic form of testosterone used to treat low testosterone levels in men.
|Enhanced protein synthesis, improved nitrogen retention, increased red blood cells, boosts IGF-1, and reduces stress hormones
|Muscle regeneration, red blood cell production, strength and endurance, post-workout recovery, and optimized workouts
|Increased muscle mass and strength, enhanced athletic performance, improved bone density, enhanced libido and sexual function, and mood elevation and well-being
|Not explicitly mentioned.
|Hair loss, Acne, Prostate enlargement
|Acne, injection site pain and swelling, hair growth, breast enlargement (gynecomastia)
|Recommended Weekly Male Dosage: 250-1000mg
Ideal injection frequency: Daily or 3 times per week
Minimum cycle length: 8 weeks
Ideal cycle length: 12 weeks
Maximum cycle length: 20 weeks
|Recommended Weekly Male Dosage: 250-1000 mg
Ideal injection frequency: Twice a week
Ideal cycle length: 8-12 weeks
|For Bulking: 200-800mg per week, 12 to 16 weeks
For Cutting: 100-200mg per week, 8-10 weeks
|59.99 CAD for a 10ml vial (100mg/ml)
|79.99 CAD for a 10ml vial (250mg/ml)
|69.99 CAD for a 10ml vial (250mg/ml)
What is a Testosterone Cypionate?
Testosterone Cypionate is an androgen and anabolic steroid used to cure low testosterone levels in males.
Why is Testosterone Cypionate used?
Testosterone cypionate is used to cure the symptoms of sexual inabilities in males as the body of men is not able to produce the required amount of testosterone.
Are there any side effects of using Testosterone Cypionate?
Yes, there are mainly two types of side effects, including androgenic side effects, such as acne, hair loss, and voice deepening and estrogenic side effects, such as Gynecomastia and water retention.
Does a low level of testosterone in the body affect the heart?
Yes, a low level of testosterone in the body affects the cardiovascular system of the body, causing heart attack and stroke.
Are there any conditions in which consumption of testosterone Cypionate is not recommended?
The consumption of testosterone Cypionate is not recommended in the following situations.
- Liver problem
- Heart problem
- Kidney disease
- High cholesterol level
Final Words: Testosterone Cypionate Review
Testosterone Cypionate is a one of the most commonly used sisters of Testosterone. It is used to treat the condition of low testosterone levels in males. Its brand name is Depo-Testosterone, and it is available as a prescription medicine.
The main effect of Testosterone Cypionate on bodybuilders includes an increase in the strength of the body muscles and overall body strength. The side effects of Test C include androgenic side effects and estrogenic side effects.
- Riley, C. (2023, August 31). Testosterone Cypionate for Bodybuilding: An Efficient Muscle Growth Solution – Pharmacists.org. Pharmacists.org. https://www.pharmacists.org/testosterone-cypionate-for-bodybuilding/.
- Testosterone Cypionate Intramuscular: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing – WebMD. (n.d.). https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-5185/testosterone-cypionate-intramuscular/details