What is An Anavar?
Anavar is the original brand name of the androgen and anabolic steroid Oxandrolone. This is one of the most well known steroids in existence and has been a favorite amongst bodybuilders and athletes for decades. There are many reasons for its popularity:
- Anavar is an oral steroid so it’s easy to administer
- It is fast acting with a half life of just 8 to 10 hours
- It can be used by both males and females
- It has minimal side effects compared with many other steroids
Most importantly, Anavar has exceptional benefits for people who know exactly what they’re using it for; and almost all of the time this is for the purpose of improving the physique through fat loss while retaining muscle, and for enhancing performance. Therefore, it is most frequently used in a cutting cycle because of its powerful effect on fat burning and metabolic activity, ultimately helping you obtain a lean, hard and ripped physique.
It has been a widely used, respected and very popular steroid for a long time and is one of the few that can also be used by females because of its mild androgenic effects. While Anavar is mildly toxic to the liver, as we would expect with an oral steroid, its hepatotoxicity level is minimal compared with many other steroids, making this an ideal choice for beginners.
Women who use Anavar will however find that it can add impressive muscle to the physique and this is the main anabolic steroid that is suitable for women to use for this purpose.
- Recommended Male Dosage: 20-100mg per day
- Minimum cycle length: 6 weeks
- Ideal cycle length: 12 weeks
- Maximum cycle length: 20 weeks
- Recommended Female Dosage: 5-10mg per day (6 weeks minimum to 12 weeks maximum)
Anavar is a universal stacker that is widely used with various compounds for bulking or cutting. It is recommended to be stacked with a testosterone base.
Due to testosterone suppression, we recommend stacking with testosterone and using an estrogen blocker or aromatase inhibitor. These products consist of Arimidex, Letrozole, Novaldex and Aromasin. Testosterone suppression is obviously not a concern for females so an anavar only cycle is recommended.